Freedom of Information Rutland County Council Catmose, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6HP t: 01572 722577 / e: [email address]

Requests for personal information and vexatious requests are not considered valid for FOI purposes (read more).

Our network provides advice in 2,500 locations across England and Wales.

The response from Rutland County Council is as follows.

Offers advice and support for mental health problems; has a network of local associations in England and Wales to which people can turn for help and assistance.

Rutland Parent Carer Voice (formerly known as Rutland Parent Carer Forum) was originally set up in 2007 to allow parents/carers to discuss…

Monitoring Officer, Rutland County Council, Catmose, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6HP

Works to stop bullying and create a safe environment for children and young people to live, grow, play and learn

Email Enquiries: [email address] Council Website: Visiting Rutland?

Visitor Parking Information & Map:

Find out how to access our services and get help

Rutland Rotaract Family Support Centre is a small local charity which aims to provide social, recreational, educational and therapeutic…

Catmose Federation ensures that students with SEN are supported in a wide variety of ways at all settings including:

A national charity providing free legally based advice to families who have children with special educational needs. All advice is given by trained volunteers. Information on a range of issues is available online and IPSEA also provides telephone advice lines including a Tribunal helpline

Leicestershire Leicester and Rutland Headway is a voluntary organisation specialising in providing support and services to adults with an…

STEPS caters for children from birth until school age, when we provide ongoing support for them. Most children who attend have cerebral…

The Accessibility Plan fits within the Federation Health and Safety Policy which can be found here.

The following provides an overview of the additional support that may be put in place at the College:

The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

If your child has special educational needs (SEN) or a disability it is sometimes difficult to know where to go to for help and advice. The…

Vista provides year round services, activities and a residential holiday for children and young people with sight loss who live in Leicester,…

Sunflowers is a Thursday morning support group for very young children (0-3 years) with additional needs, their siblings and families. We…

We have put together a series of links to support groups and other organisations that provide help related to Special Educational Needs.

The leading UK charity for people with autism (including Asperger syndrome) and their families.

     2. Do you have an SEN or SENCO/Inclusion Manager, if so what is

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .

A site to help anyone submit a Freedom of Information request. WhatDoTheyKnow also publishes and archives requests and responses, building a massive archive of information.

ACE provides advice and information to parents and carers on a wide range of school based issues including exclusion, admissions, special education needs

      All assessments and statements are the responsibility of the SEN Case Officer

Self help group for those with a disability. Lots of advice and assistance.

Advice from the RIASS is available by contacting Jay Tomlinson at Citizens Advice Rutland on 01572 723494

      Special Educational Needs comes under the remit of the Inclusion Service. The Head of Service for Inclusion is Vicky Todd


There are local SEN links on RCC’s Local Offer pages : Rutland's SEND Local Offer

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and may not be official policy. Internet email should not be treated as a secure form of communication. Please notify the sender if received in error.

     3. Does the authority currently manage SEN and have a system for

Find out about a range of special needs support groups in Rutland. To find national support please visit our Special Needs Support Organisations pages.

Your donations keep this site and others like it running

To download the Individual Setting form from the Council please click here. For more information on SEN provision from the Rutland County Council CLICK HERE

      It is our policy that external contact should be made at Head of Service level. Vicky Todd can be contacted via our Customer Services.

          1. Who is primarily responsible for all Special Educational Needs