Download a copy of the information on this page as a leaflet

Independent private secondary | State special | Independent private special | State sixth form & FE colleges

Become a supported member and help us continue our work.

If you would like your child to go to a special school, talk to your EHCP Coordinator. Their contact details will be in the letters we have sent to you about your child’s Statement or Plan.

Churchill Park School, King Lynn Tel: 01553 763679

Are these state special schools in Norfolk not quite what you are looking for?

More about How to check if an EHC plan is working

More about How we decide if we will carry out an assessment

The Parkside School, Norwich Tel: 01603 441126

Find out what other parents think about schools... join the No1 parents' community.

Most children with Statements or EHC Plans attend their local mainstream school. A much smaller number of children will need a special school place.

Sign up to our email newsletters containing all the latest updates, activities and events relating to SEND in Norfolk

The Independent Support Programme provides free advice and support for parents of children with special educational needs and disability, and young people with special educational needs and disability, through the statutory Education Health and Care needs assessment process.

Add state special schools in Norfolk to your favourite online bookmark.

A school which is specifically organised to make special educational provision for children and young people with special educational needs who require provision over and above what is available in a mainstream school.

Most children and young people will have their needs met with support and/or services which are available as part of the Norfolk Local Offer and before the majority of children or young people are considered for an EHC plan it is expected that their educational setting will have evidence of at least two cycles of the Assess, Plan Do Review process.

You can also see our plans for converting Statements to EHC Plans. A Management Information sheet 208/14 provides full details of the process to be followed.

Other organisations which may be able to help throughout the EHCP process.

You are very welcome to visit a special school, their contact details can be found below. Just phone the school to make an appointment.

The County Council is responsible for ensuring that assessments are effectively co-ordinated.

Norfolk SEND Partnership, 148 Woodside Road, Norwich, NR7 9QL Telephone: 01603 704070 Email:

There are eleven state funded special schools in Norfolk. They are all rated ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and the demand for places is very high.

Find the top state special schools in Norfolk by browsing through the school listing and reading the school reviews.

More about Statements of SEN LDAs and EHC plans


Eaton Hall Specialist Academy Tel: 01603 457480

Harford Manor School, Norwich Tel: 01603 451809

Sheringham Woodfields School Tel: 01263 820520

Our Helpline is run Monday to Friday from 10am to 1pm.

There are lots of activities and services for children with SEND in the Norfolk Directory

Independent Supporters can offer information to parents and young people so that they are empowered to make the right decisions when going through the EHC needs assessment process and to signpost them to relevant agencies within the Local Offer.

Sidestrand Hall, Sidestrand, near Cromer Tel: 01263 578144

You can find full details of all schools in Norfolk via the School Finder.

If you feel your child may need a special school place, ask at your child’s current school or setting for an early review of their Statement or Plan. This will give you the opportunity to explore how your child’s needs are currently met and if any changes are needed.

An EHC plan is for children and young people (aged 0 to 25) who have a Special Educational Need or a Disability (SEND) and who need a much higher level of support than education settings can deliver on their own.

Forms and guidance for completing the annual review of an education, health and care plan

Submit your email address to receive our latest updates.

Find out about our training for parents and professionals.

If you don’t have your EHCP Coordinator’s details, please contact the SEN Centre of Excellence.

Education, Health and Care Plans replaced Statements of SEN since September 2014. To find out more about EHC Plans and how to request an assessment, please visit Norfolk’s Local Offer for information on SEN Statutory processes.

Please contact the SEN Centre of Excellence for an initial discussion and to find out about our current capacity.