Weald & Downland Open Air Museum Singleton, Chichester, West SussexPO18 0EU
For some years before 1851 this building was used as a school for ‘six poor children from the parish of West Wittering’.It was financed and run by the Oliver Whitby Charity, which also ran the Bluecoat School in Chichester.
Welcome to West Wittering School. We are committed to providing a nurturing learning environment for our children and it is our belief that a positive relationship between parents/carers and school staff will support a child to become a successful, motivated and active learner.
Web design and build by Morph PR and Marketing Portsmouth
In 1851 the new ‘National School’, paid for by the Oliver Whitby Foundation, was opened near the parish church, and at this date the older building would have ceased being used as a school. When it was dismantled by the Museum in 1981, it had been empty and unused for many years and was on the verge of collapsing into the road.