You will forever be the sister/daughter/girlfriend/wife who gave him a sword for Christmas or Hanukkah. How will he ever repay you?
The pleasures of giving and receiving handmade gifts are many. The headaches of handmaking handmade gifts are often even more. All too commonly our best-laid plans result in crafting till sunrise like deranged elves, attempting to pull off an assembly line of feel-good DIY presents that have us cursing like a sailor.
These are not your typical wear-to-work shoes, but he’s not typical either. The canvas material keeps these light weight, and the bold laces give them edge.
Classic Toms comfort and ease, and in an unexpected hue for camo. A stylish gift that’s gentle on your wallet.
Feed his wanderlust with a gift that highlights the array of destinations still left to explore. A good companion for late nights at work.
One of the most popular fitness trackers on the market, the UP band allows users to track their activity, sleep, and diet to optimize health. If wearing a wifi-enabled device doesn’t freak him out, you may want to fork over another $20 for the new UP24, which will automatically and wirelessly sync with his phone.
Murray’s “Harmony of Beer and Cheese” Class, $75/person, Murrayscheese.com
This is the most expensive item on the list, but it’s a showstopper. Before Old Yankee Stadium was torn down, the seats were removed, and you can now purchase a pair for the Yankee fan in your life. If you have the funds, he’ll cherish them forever.
6) Thanks for always being the perfect older brother who is protective without being suffocative, liberal without being careless and watchful without being stifling.
One of this year’s hottest gadgets, the Air is 28 percent lighter and twice as powerful as the original. The wifi, camera and display are better, too. If he lives for his iPad, give him the next generation.
If he’s been talking about getting back in shape or wants to reduce his carbon footprint, this is the bike to buy. The rider can switch back and forth between fixed gear and single speed, and the bike comes 90 percent assembled so you won’t be up until 2 am on Christmas Eve. Feel-good bonus: the manufacturer, Pure Fix, donates a portion of its profits to charity.
Clean-cut, casually elegant, and the coated canvas is water resistant. He’ll take it everywhere.
This watch is demure enough to go nicely with a suit, but the square face and numberless dial make it a little different.
They’re basic and go with everything, yet constructed of luxury materials and utterly, undeniably cool. This is the sneaker you wear with jeans to a board meeting because you know you’re the smartest guy in the room.
11) From saying I Hate You during childhood to I Miss You during college to Thank You right now – we both have come a long way. Love you bro.
26) From the foosball table to the basketball court to the playground of life – you have always taught me how to score well. Thanks brother.
Whether he’s your father, brother, son or significant other, the last thing you want to give him is yet another tie — and it’s almost certainly the last thing he wants to receive. This year, get him something awesome. Here are 50 gifts dudes actually want.
Rustic and luxe at the same time, this classic, take-anywhere bag will get compliments for years.
Right, another tie. But this is no ordinary tux topper. It looks standard from afar so he won’t look weird in pictures, but up close, he becomes the guy who dared wear a zombie tie to your cousin’s wedding.
If he loved Fight Club enough to read the book, he’s likely a Chuck Palahniuk fan for life. Palahniuk’s 2012 novel Damned was acclaimed for its hilarious depiction of Hell. With Doomed, the author takes on Purgatory. It’s exactly the kind of holiday reading that makes a few days with the fam bearable.
If he wants to learn poker, the best way is by playing with friends who don’t mind busting his chops. This set has everything he needs to play casino style poker and practice until he can play with the pros.
28) I fearlessly chased all my BIG dreams knowing that my BIG brother will always look out for me. I will never be able to be a BIG bro to you but the least I can do is start by saying a BIG Thank You to you.
19) When God gave me you for a brother, little did He know that He was giving me the whole world. Thanks bro.
2) Even though we don’t talk much, even though we don’t hang out together, even though we don’t spend a lot of time with each other – I know from the bottom of my heart that my brother will always be there for me when I holler. Thanks bro.
Sometimes he wants a beer and doesn’t want to root through a packed drawer for ten minutes trying to find a bottle opener. Save him the time and frustration.
1) Only an older BROTHER can love like a FATHER, annoy like a SISTER, care for like a MOTHER and support like a FRIEND. Thanks bro.
31) We were born as brothers but we live as best friends. Thanks.
29) When we were children I always thought of you as the guy who would nab every opportunity to get me into trouble. But as the years went by I realized that you have always been the guy who would never lose an opportunity to help me get out of trouble. Thanks bro.
If there’s a skater guy in your life, who’s also not afraid to rock bold fashion choices, he needs these socks. Don Pendleton’s artwork has decorated skateboards for years – now your recipient can have it underfoot even when he’s not on wheels.
Pure Fix Cycles “The Papa” Bike, $321-$350, amazon.com
Thank You present for my sister
For the meat lover, this is a no-brainer. He’ll get a new variety of bacon delivered each month, and for extra, you can throw in a “Bacon Jerky Sampler” and something called a “Bacon Pancake Pack.” Prepare to score major. points.
9) I had never imagined that the brother on whom I once so mad, would be the same brother I would feel blessed to have had. Thanks bro.
13) A brother is a person whose supports you have even if you don’t want and whose love you’ve got even if you don’t need. Thanks for giving me both.
I’m not sure if boots ever went out of style, but recently it seems like everyone is wearing them. These motorcycle style boots are just the right amount of rugged. Note: bike not included.
14) I have never felt the need to ask for your help, because you have always been there before I even had to ask. Thanks bro.
He can’t quite let go of Breaking Bad, and now he doesn’t have to.
Bombfell won’t just send him designer duds every month, although that in itself is cool. Based on his answers to a few questions and his social media activity, the startup’s algorithm chooses clothes tailored to his body, taste and lifestyle. Then a personal stylist makes the final selection. And if he doesn’t like it, he can send it back.
He’s a writer, or just a dreamer. Either way, he’ll appreciate this handsome, handcrafted notebook for the ideas and thoughts that won’t wait until he gets back to his computer.
8) You are not just my reflection, you are my heart’s reverberation and my soul’s resonance. Thanks for being there for me bro.
4) The bond between a sister and brother is like the umbilical cord between a mother and a child – invisible yet omnipresent. Thanks for being the best bro ever.