7. There's going to be a lot of frame-worthy moments over the next year. Gift your favorite friend a beautiful silver and pearl frame. It's elegant and handy for displaying engagement and wedding photos in the months to come. Lenox Jubilee pearl 5x7 picture frame, $67, Macys.com
7. Give the couple a head start on their walk down the aisle with this custom ring dish. Personalize with the couple's initials and their wedding date. The bride can use the dish to hold her rings after the "I dos!"
What do you get the couple who has everything? Go for something unique and personalized—something they would never buy for themselves. From address stamps to custom puzzles, we've got something for every hard-to-shop for couple you're celebrating.
Maybe you're friendly with the groom and will be meeting his fiancé for the first time at the engagement party. Or perhaps you're shopping for the couple that already has everything. Finding the perfect gift for a new duo can be tricky. Our expert tip: choose something they can enjoy together. Here are a few of our favorite gift ideas for couples.
3. It's time to pop bottles for the to-be-weds! Bring some elegance to their first toasts as a newly engaged couple with a set of champagne flutes. This pair has a contemporary geometric pattern that will complement any table setting. Mikasa Avenue silver-plated champagne flutes, $40 for set of 2, Mikasa.com
5. If you've been invited to a casual fete, a bottle of wine is the perfect way to extend your congratulations. We love the graphic packaging of this bottle—it's personalized and makes for a perfect keepsake for storing openers and saved corks. Bonus: This gift ships quickly if you want to send your well wishes from afar. Gift Tree personalized congratulations wine crate, from $55, GiftTree.com
Is it an impromptu celebration at a local bar days after the proposal? If the invitation is casual (you were invited by text), the celebration will probably be too. In this case, no engagement party gift is necessary, but a bottle of champagne wouldn't be out of place if you want to spread some cheer. While a gift isn't "payback" for free drinks or food, if you're sharing in the expenses of the evening, you're not usually expected to bring a gift as well.
3. Avid travelers? Give your globe-trotting friends a map of the world. Once they've visited a destination, they can scratch off the area with a coin to reveal pops of color. They can track all their travels—it might even inspire their next trip. UncommonGoods scratch map, $20, UncommonGoods.com
1. Give them some sage advice before they say "I do." These "How to Be a Good Husband/Wife" books are full of humorous tidbits and instructions on what to do when you're a spouse. The Bodleian Library How to Be a Good Husband/Wife books, $11 each, BarnesandNoble.com
6. Gift the soon-to-be-newlyweds a set of custom wood coasters. Personalize with the couple's names and any US state. You can also add a date. Turn the coasters over to reveal a hidden bottle opener—genius! Personal Creations State and Date to Remember coaster set and bottle opener, $25, PersonalCreations.com
10. Help him stay organized (his other half will thank you) with a classic leather valet. This catchall is perfect for corralling watches, cuff links, keys and change. Add a monogram for a personalized touch. Mark & Graham rustic leather valet, $119, MarkandGraham.com
9. Looking for a fun gift? Give him a set of socks! These contrasting cotton designs are perfect for everyday wear. Or perhaps the groom would like to have a fun print peeking out from his pants on his wedding day. Lorenzo Uomo striped socks, $13, Nordstrom.com
4. We love the sweet and quirky sentiment of animals that mate for life—this print showcases those special species. This reminder of one and only love is a perfect gift for the couple who's finally found each other (no longer the lone wolf!) and who likes playful prints.
4. Did you know some species of penguins mate for life? Celebrate a couple's forver-love with a personalized print (you can even include their wedding date). Bonus: There are 20 background colors to choose from and framing options available. Elephant Grey personalized "Penguins in Love" print, $42, NotontheHighStreet.com
5. Looking to send some spirited congratulations from afar? Order the groom-to-be a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label, aged 12 years or more. It's perfect for sipping on its own, or great in classic cocktails like an Old Fashioned and the Rusty Nail. Jonnie Walker Black Label scotch whisky, $69, 1-877-Spirits.com
3. Inspired by surreal art, these muse mugs are a chic take on a his and hers set. Each cup is made from unglazed matte porcelain and has both a mustache and a pair of lips—you decide what to show off as you sip. Jonathan Adler Mr. & Mrs. Muse reversible mugs, $24 each, JonathanAdler.com
3. She's got a new sparkler, so help her show it off with this cheeky mug. If her coworkers haven't already offered their well wishes, they will when they see this. Simply Made Greetings Engaged mug, $16, Etsy.com
4. There will be many toasts in this couple's honor, so gift them an essential wine set: one part corkscrew, one part stopper. We love the cheeky bow and glasses toppers that give this present a his and hers feel. Kate Spade New York Two of a Kind 2-piece bar set, $50, KateSpade.com
4. Commemorate the couple's first home together with a custom illustration of their apartment or house. You can even include their address. Framing options are available for the perfect presentation. Letterfest personalized house portrait, from $66, NotontheHighStreet.com
6. Perfect for midday dates, this picnic basket is full of the essentials, from melamine plates to handblown wine glasses. Add nibbles and you have all the makings for a romantic walk in the park. Picnic Time Pioneer deluxe canvas picnic basket for two, $225, JCPenney.com
Looking for a funny gift for a newly engaged couple? Maybe they're hilarious jokesters, or maybe you're just looking for a playful present. We've got you covered. From silly gags to amusing token gifts, we've rounded up a few of our favorite ideas that are sure to result in a chuckle.
Perhaps you're newly engaged—congratulations! Or maybe you know a couple lucky in love. Whether you're a guest or the guest of honor, we've got your gifting needs covered. We've rounded up 56 of our favorite engagement gifts to give (or register for) along with everything you need to know about hosting an engagement party. We've even answered the tricky question: Do you have to bring a gift to an engagement party?
Do you bring a gift to an engagement party?
Remember: This is your engagement party, not the wedding (you definitely don't want to upstage the main event). So make the party as casual or as formal as you'd like. While it's fine for the decor and details to reflect your wedding colors and theme, don't feel like you have to rush to choose them just so your engagement party can match.
5. Give the couple a jump-start on romance with a collection of quotes, passages and phrases—all about love! The words of wisdom from greats like Woody Allen and Miss Piggy come bound in a beautiful leather book. You can even personalize it with the couple's initials. Mark & Graham leather love book, $99, MarkandGraham.com
2. Give her more bling—in the form of a decoupage tray. We love this square design, inspired by a vintage print. The tray is a great catchall for jewelry, lipstick and other ladylike essentials. John Derian Company Inc. Diamond un Vide poche, $72, JohnDerian.com
When you're picking out the perfect engagement gifts, they should reflect both your own style and the personalities of the couple you'll be sending them to.
1. Help him keep his tie in place on the wedding day with this clever clip. We love the "best day ever" sentiment—perfect for saying "I do," and a wonderful reminder of the day in the years that follow. The brass finish completely elevates his look. Izola Best Day Ever tie clip, $18, Izola.com
6. Help them hone their kitchen skills with this inspiring collection of recipes. The book takes couples through stocking their pantry to making meals. The recipes are easy to execute and the responsibilities are meant to be shared—perfect for a date night at home. Crate & Barrel The Newlywed Cookbook, $35, CrateandBarrel.com
1. Give them something they can lounge in—his and hers bathrobes. These 100 percent cotton terry velour robes are season-less and perfect for getting ready on the morning of the wedding or any day. The Knot Shop Mr. and Mrs. bathrobes, $80 each, TheKnotShop.com
2. Who can resist chocolate-covered strawberries? They're such a treat, especially when they're outfitted with wedding-esque bow ties. Best of all, if you can't attend the party, you can easily mail these sweets right to the couple's doorstep. Shari's Berries full dozen wedding strawberries, $45, Berries.com
1. This couple is sure to be sending lots of mail, with save-the-dates and thank-you notes on the horizon. Gift them a custom stamp to use for all their correspondence. Three Designing Women hand script couple custom stamp, $40, PaperSource.com
Looking for an engagement gift that will garner some "ooohs" and "awwws" from the recipient? We've scouted some super-cute engagement presents that will delight every moon-eyed pair (or secret romantics).
7. Celebrate their union with a custom floral art print. Anna Bond of Rifle Paper Co. will draw the couple's portraits and nestle them in a floral heart. You can add the couple's names and even their wedding date. An art print makes a beautiful and totally unique keepsake. Rifle Paper Co. custom floral heart print, $350, RiflePaperCo.com
Engagement present for my nephew
4. A lingerie fete may be in her future, but why not kick off the party a little early with a comfy sleep shirt? She's sure to have sweet wedding dreams while wearing this bridal sleepwear. Bonus: The V-neck and buttons means she can slip it on and off while getting ready on her wedding day.
7. Gift the ultimate beer connoisseur a set of classic glasses. Each glass is intended to maximize the drinking pleasure of specific varietals. Pair it with a six-pack of his favorite brew for extra points. Spiegelau beer connoisseur gift set, $45 for a 4-piece set, Amazon.com
9. New titles are coming for this engaged couple. Gift them a chic cutting board for their kitchen or bar with their new monikers. Lindsay Letters calligraphy gives this design a whimsical touch. Choose from a rectangle- or round-shaped board (perfect for serving cheese!). They also have designs for "Mr. & Mr." and "Mrs. & Mrs." too. Lulu & Georgia Mr. & Mrs. cutting board rectangle, $74, LuluandGeorgia.com
2. Perfect for the cocktail-loving couple, this love potion makes mixing up an amorous evening as easy as one-two-three. This magical elixir comes in an adorable muslin bag—full of aphrodisiacal ingredients so you can mix your own batch of love. Norse Hutchens Aphrodisia love potion kit, $42, UncommonGoods.com
6. She'll need a place to store her new ring (if she ever takes it off!), so gift her an elegant ring holder. This ring dish has a multifaceted design that will sparkle alongside her diamond. Monique Lhuillier Waterford Atelier ring holder, $50, Bloomingdales.com
Did your nephew just pop the question to his longtime love, and now you're frantically searching for a congratulatory gift? Or maybe your first single guy friend is taking the plunge. Either way, the occasion is reason to celebrate. Here are a few of our favorite engagement gift ideas, just for him.