The village is also home to the headquarters of the British Orienteering Federation.
It replaced the smaller old Chapel, an octagonal building at The Knoll, built in 1811 on the site of a former cockfighting pit.
Tansley is home to Tansley Juniors Football Club. A charter standard club who currently have around 10 teams ranging from U7's to Seniors. The club also boast the rights to the first Under 21 Football Team within the Derbyshire Dales.
The hall, opened in 1843, was used as a school until 1949.
The Community Hall, at the lower end of Church Street, was built in 1887 as the Liberal Club when stones in the front wall were inscribed with the names of eminent men from the parish.
Its ownership was later transferred to the Parish Council, as seen by the inscription "Parish Building" over the entrance. The Parish Council sub-let it in 1906 to the Tansley Institute as a Reading Room, to replace the one within The Church School. The Institute also used it as a non-sectarian Adult Sunday School and for Technical Education. Later it was also used for general recreation such as snooker and billiards and a youth club.
- to promote friendship and understanding between the people of the village of Tansley, and the wider area of Derbyshire, England; and the people of the town of Babadag and the surrounding area of Tulcea, Eastern Romania.
We offer a classic coffee menu and a fantastic range of draught lagers, bottled ciders, real ales and a fine selection of wines.
- to build links between the peoples of the communities concerned in all possible ways - educational, cultural and commercial.
- to stimulate and foster mutual exchanges between individuals, families and societies within the communities.
Tansley is a village on the southern edge of the Derbyshire Peak District, two miles east of Matlock.
We pride ourselves with serving fresh food sourced from local suppliers, outstanding service in beautiful surroundings.
The church was started in 1839, built of stone quarried locally, and opened 1 year later dedicated to the Holy Trinity.
The Tansley Village Hall was used in Channel 4's How to Look Good Naked in 2009. Tansley was also used a filming location for Shane Meadows' 2004 films Dead Man's Shoes.
We are open from 12pm everyday, serving food untill 9pm
In February 2010 Tansley featured in the Sunday Times Property Section as a village that was "alive and kicking", one where community spirit still thrives.
The Tavern is the perfect place for a relaxing drink, meal or get away in the peak district.
The present church has been modernised in recent years. It has its own schoolroom behind it.
The Methodist church was built in Church Street in 1829, 11 years before the Anglican church (Holy Trinity).
Tansley has an informal twinning arrangement with the small town of Babadag in Tulcea County, Romania. The two communities have occasional exchange visits, and more frequent postal and email contact, arranged through an organisation named TABALINK (the Tansley Babadag Association). The aims of TABALINK are:
Sign up to our mailing list and like us on Facebook to hear the latest news at the Tavern at Tansley.
The hall (as of February 2014) has been substantially renovated since July 2010. It has had a new entrance, with oak door and disabled access, new toilet facilities, a new ground floor roof with a skylight, a new upper floor roof, new windows, internal renovation and redecoration of the main hall, bar area and small meeting room (with kitchen) and new curtains and blinds. 
- to organize social and fund raising events and activities to support the objects of the Association.
Tansley's communications network includes the Tansley Hotwire, a village e-mail service which distributes news and information to residents, and two websites: www.tansleyvillage.org.uk and www.tansleyvillagehall.org.uk