AROUND half of English house buyers end up finding their property through "traditional" methods such as spotting a for sale sign or browsing an estate agent's window – despite the grow...
On 6 June 1975, six people died and 38 were injured when a train crashed as it was approaching Nuneaton railway station. In 2015 on the 40th anniversary of the train crash, raised money and a plaque was unveiled to remember those who lost their lives and to also remember all volunteers and members of the emergency services who worked tirelessly throughout the rescue operation
NUNEATON Town boss Kevin Wilson has labelled the coming week as 'huge' for the season as a whole.
We are open from 07:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00 to 16:00 on Saturdays, Sundays and all Bank Holidays except Christmas Day. A recorded message service is available outside of these hours.
Cars and caravans had pitched up at Bermuda Way
In 1876–77 four of the original seven bays of the nave were rebuilt on the old foundations in Neo-Romanesque style by the Gothic Revival architect C.C. Rolfe with the old crossing piers enclosed by a temporary brick structure for use as a chancel. The west wall was left in plain brick to allow for possible completion of the nave on the ancient footings further west at a later date, though this remains incomplete.
Steep ramp to main entrance and Booking Hall. Alternative level access direct to platform 1. Lifts to all other platforms via overbridge. Also stairs - 31 steps up to footbridge and then 29 steps down to platforms 2 and 3, or 32 steps down to platforms 4 and 5, or 24 steps down to platforms 6 and 7. Platform 1 customer lounge has 1 step to access. Hinged doors to Booking Hall. New accessible waiting room on platforms 6 and 7.
A Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses is located in the Stockingford area.
The festival, which was originally set up in 2012, has been gaining momentum every year
A Ticket Vending Machine is located in the Booking Hall.
The Nuneaton built-up area, incorporating Nuneaton and surrounding villages including Hartshill and Bulkington, had a population of 92,968 at the 2011 census.
Route planning around the station including maps and platforms
65 guests from the United States made a booking in the last 2 minutes
Despite there having been many in the town historically, Nuneaton now has one theatre. Run solely by volunteers, the Abbey Theatre seats 250 plus space for wheelchair patrons.
The author George Eliot was born on a farm on the Arbury Estate just outside Nuneaton in 1819 and lived in the town for much of her early life. Her novel Scenes of Clerical Life (1858) depicts Nuneaton.
Is there something happening in your area you would like us to report on?
BUSINESSES say their livelihoods are being hit by travellers who have set up camp outside their units.
An ancient abbey church founded at 'Eaton' in the 1150s was home to Benedictine nuns and gave the present town the name 'Nuneaton'.
POLICE have made a breakthrough following a wave of vehicle crime across a Nuneaton neighbourhood.
Towns close to Nuneaton include Bedworth, Atherstone and Hinckley, with Tamworth and Lutterworth a little further afield. The town lies 3 miles from the Leicestershire border, 8 miles from Staffordshire and 12 miles from Derbyshire.
In addition to Christianity, there are also followers of Islam, Sikhism and Hinduism. There is a mosque on Frank Street, Chilvers Coton and two gurdwaras (Sikh temples): the Nuneaton Guru Nanak Gurdwara in Park Avenue, Attleborough, and the Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara in Marlborough Road, Chilvers Coton.
The Baha'i Faith was introduced to Nuneaton in the early 1970s and now has a community of over 30 members.
PATROLS are being stepped up around a Nuneaton community to help catch thieves who are preying on unlocked vehicles.
Nuneaton is currently covered by 11 of the borough's 17 electoral wards (see table below). Each ward elects two councillors, who serve 4 year terms. There are elections every 2 years.
Nuneaton parish included the settlements of Attleborough and Stockingford. The parish was joined with Chilvers Coton parish in 1894 to form an urban district. Nuneaton was upgraded to the status of a municipal borough in 1907 and the parish of Weddington was added.
Nuneaton was home to the smallest independent newspaper in Britain (the Heartland Evening News) until it was purchased in 2006 by life News & Media.
Public art in Nuneaton includes a statue of George Eliot on Newdegate Square, and the Gold Belt.
Nuneaton /nəˈniːtən/ is a town in Warwickshire, England. The population in 2011 was 81,877, making it the largest town in Warwickshire.
We've negotiated with thousands of hotels to get the very best deals. We call them Secret Deals and they only last for a limited time.
There are three rugby union clubs: Nuneaton R.F.C. (nicknamed "the Nuns"), who play in National 3 Midlands, Nuneaton Old Edwardians of Midlands 2 West (South) division and Manor Park of the Midlands 4 West (South) league.
Find shops, restaurants, theatres, pubs, bars and more by searching our online local business directory. With top hotspots and featured star profiles.
There are two parishes in the town serving the Catholic community in Nuneaton. Our Lady of the Angels on Coton Road, was opened in 1838 (originally as St Mary's). The building, designed by Jospeph Hansom, was extensively remodeled in 1936. The Parish of St Anne's, Chapel End, Nuneaton was created in 1949 out of the Parish of Our Lady of the Angels (which originally covered the whole town). The original church building was replaced with the existing church, which was opened in 2000.
Despite this building's significance in Nuneaton's past and its recent history, it is a relatively unknown place, with little promotion or signage.
Many locations in George Eliot's works were based on places in or near her native Nuneaton, including:
For the latest local news straight to your Twitter, Facebook feed or e-mail inbox.
64 guests from the United States made a booking in the last 2 minutes
Due largely to munitions factories being located in Nuneaton, the town suffered heavy bombing damage during the Second World War. The heaviest bombing raid on Nuneaton took place on 17 May 1941, when 100 people were killed, 380 houses were destroyed, and over 10,000 damaged; several smaller raids took place on the town, most notably on 25 June 1942. As a result of the bombing, much of the town centre was rebuilt in the post-war years.
The town is also the location of Nuneaton Bowling club, where flat green bowls is played.
**Nuneaton station is accredited by the Secure Station Scheme**
The Abbey Theatre is Nuneaton's only theatre and hosts a wide variety of performances including visiting opera and ballet companies, touring shows, musicals, pantomime and drama.