The electorate numbered 10,691, there was a turnout of 37.5% and the majority is 186.
Moreton is also known for the windows of its church, St Nicholas, which were designed and engraved by Sir Laurence Whistler over a period of about 30 years. These replaced the dull panels of coloured glass that had been installed when the original windows were blown out by a bomb in World War II.
Moreton is a 10 minute drive from the Jurassic Coast – England’s first natural World Heritage Site and there is a train station 2 miles away with direct links to London Waterloo.
Moreton Christ Church CofE Primary School, located on Upton Road, is a Church of England school that educates around 400 pupils in ages 4–11. It was opened, as the 'Moreton Church of England School', in 1861 in the centre of Moreton. It was established in its current location in 1974.
The electorate numbered 10,885, there was a turnout of 38.1% and the majority is 333.
A selection of Dorset tea and coffee, served by our expertly trained baristas offering anything from a Machiato to a traditional cup of tea served from a teapot and traditional tea cups.
The Tarran Way Industrial Estate is mainly home to various car repair facilities, and other light industry businesses.
You can enter all our events at www.equoevents.co.uk by clicking the link below.
Moreton is part of the Metropolitan Borough of Wirral, in the metropolitan county of Merseyside. Moreton is also part of the parliamentary constituency of Wallasey. The current Member of Parliament is Angela Eagle, a Labour representative who has held the seat since 1992. The previous incumbent of the post was Lynda Chalker, a Conservative MP.
copy the digits from the image into this box
Enjoy a cool drink, coffee and a slice of cake or a delicious meal.
Leave your cares behind and enjoy the delightful gardens and a relaxing meal or drink.
Della Robbia Pottery used local red clay from Moreton. Barker and Briscoe Brickworks was situated on Carr Lane, 1 mile (1.6 km) west of the centre of the village.
Moreton is a village and civil parish in Dorset, England, situated on the River Frome about 8 miles (13 km) east of Dorchester. In the 2011 census the civil parish had 158 households and a population of 373. It has a number of long distance foot paths and cycle ways passing through it: the Purbeck cycle way, Route 2 (Sustrans), the Frome valley trail, the Jubilee trail, and the Hardy Way. The railway station is a little way out of the village, towards Crossways.
Moreton is also known for being the home of the Burton's factory, and now owned by Duke Street Capital. This factory was also the producer of Cadbury's biscuits. Manor Bakeries, the former Cadbury's cakes department, (now owned by Premier Foods Group) is located in the town at Reeds Lane, near to Leasowe railway station.
Our Farmshop has a selection of local meats, salads and cheeses sourced within Dorset. As well as some other produce produced both on site and close by.
For the schedule please visit http://schedules.britishdressage.co.uk/EventDetails.aspx?id=65983
Moreton is situated in the heart of South Dorset, approximately 7 miles east of Dorchester.
The Frampton family have been Lords of the Manor of Moreton since at least the 14th Century. The most famous member of the family was James Frampton (1769-1855) who was responsible for the prosecution of the Tolpuddle Martyrs. His sister Mary Frampton was a noted diarist.
Our farmshop is growing from the re-establishment of our victorian kitchen garden. We offer both fresh produce and a selection of local produce from the likes of Olive's et Al, Moores biscuits and the Dorset Game Larder.
Why not visit us for the evening during the summer season and enjoy one of our wood fired Pizzas and a glass of wine from our fully licensed bar.
Other schools include Lingham Primary School, Eastway Primary School, Sandbrook Primary School, Foxfield School, Orrets Meadow Special School and Clare Mount Specialist Sports College.
Public houses include the Coach & Horses Inn which opened in 1928, The Grange, The Mockbeggar Hall, which is a branch of JD Wetherspoon, The Farmers Arms, The Sandbrook and The Armchair. Former pubs included the Morton Arms, noted for its incorrect spelling, the Millhouse and the Plough Inn.
Moreton is a village on the north coast of the Wirral Peninsula, Merseyside, England. In the 2001 Census, it had a population of 17,670 (8,370 males, 9,300 females). From 2004, the village was divided between the Metropolitan Borough of Wirral wards of Leasowe & Moreton East and Moreton West & Saughall Massie.
Parks include Lingham Park and Upton Park. Meanwhile, Ditton Lane Nature Reserve is towards the coast, along with the North Wirral Coastal Park. In the North Wirral Coastal Park, Leasowe Lighthouse was built in 1763 and is the oldest brick-built lighthouse in Britain. The lighthouse was built because of the sandbanks just offshore. It has been restored and is open to the public at times.
Moreton is also home to Typhoo Tea, with the factory which manufactures Typhoo, being located next to the Burton's factory.
The Manor House is a beautiful 18th Century residence made with Portland stone, situated in the beautiful village of Moreton. The Manor is surrounded by woodland and parkland and the front aspect of the house has an uninterrupted view of the countryside. The Manor has eight bedrooms, a large kitchen with an AGA, four generous sized reception rooms and fantastic dining space. There are indoor and outdoor playrooms and a lovely tennis court nestled in the 2 acre garden.
Moreton Library is situated on Pasture Road, with a nearby Royal British Legion premises and a youth club. A dance club is further along Pasture Road, near to Moreton Shore and the lighthouse. The 4th Moreton Scout Group is situated on Upton Road.
Moreton has become synonymous with the memory of T. E. Lawrence, also known as Lawrence of Arabia. He rented nearby Clouds Hill cottage from his cousins, the Framptons, while serving at Bovington Camp. Following his death in 1935 he was buried in Moreton churchyard where his grave attracts tourists from around the world.
Dantec is the UK's biggest manufacturer of composite hoses, which are used in the transfer of petrochemicals. The company was established in 1969, and the business is situated on Tarran Way.
Pupils at Hanwell Fields Community School in Banbury had some new playmates when three piglets, three lambs and three chickens took up temporary residence on the playing field.
BRIDGE CLOSURE A reminder for everyone who travels to school via Fulscot that Network Rail are again closing Fulscot Railway Bridge from 9am Mon 19th Sept for one week. Remember to allow a little extra time for your journey via North Moreton.
The Moreton Estate hosts a number of horse riding events throughout the year, including some of national stature. A number of cycle racing events are also held, based in the village hall.
A marquee in these beautiful gardens, the perfect settings for those special wedding photographs - what more could you want?
The low-lying land behind the coast is protected by a large concrete embankment. Some of the coastal land is in the Moreton Conservation Area and provides important natural habitat. The embankment gives a good view at low tide to see a variety of wading birds. There are also good views of the Bidston Hill, Caldy Hill, the Welsh Hills, and out over the Irish Sea.
Moreton is situated at the roundabout junction of roads from Bidston (the A553), Leasowe (the A551), Meols (the A553) and Upton (the A551). The A5027 Upton bypass continues into Junction 2a of the M53 motorway, known as Moreton Spur, to the south of Moreton.
Our aim at Moreton Equestrian Centre is to provide a high quality livery service as well as run friendly events.
The Moreton Hills Golf Centre has a driving range which is situated adjacent to the Tarran Way Industrial Estate. Moreton Football Club was on Upton Road, and is now based at Sandbrook Lane, as Sandbrook FC.
Open late on sunny evenings for woodfire pizza and bar evenings, keep up to date via our Facebook page.
The other significant churches include Sacred Heart Catholic Church and the Moreton Methodist Church. The smaller establishments include the Moreton Presbyterian Church, the Moreton Christian Assembly, the Moreton Baptist Church and a building belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.