This long URL is the full search engine friendly link to your page.
The name Kinlet, a combination of Kin (royal) and Lett (district), comes from the time of Queen Edith of Wessex, wife of Edward the confessor, who held the knoll at Kinlet. The earliest known human activity was the scatter of flints near Catsley in the centre of the parish, south of Kinlet village. The parish as it is today, was once two smaller parishes, Kinlet in the north and Earnwood in the south.
Sir George Blount inherited Kinlet in 1531, on the death of his father, John. In 1581, Sir George Blount gave Kinlet to Rowland Lacon, son of his eldest sister Agnes, married to Sir Richard Lacon, instead of his only surviving child, Dorothy. At his death, Rowland Lacon was succeeded by his son, Sir Francis Lacon, who married Jane, daughter of the Viscount of Montague in 1589.
St Andrew's Church in Button Oak is also an Anglican church. It was built in the 19th century as a mission church for people working in the Wyre Forest.
Kinlet is a small village and civil parish in the south-east of the county of Shropshire, England. The parish is on the northern edge of the Wyre Forest and is in the Bridgnorth District of Shropshire. The parish incorporates the hamlets of Kinlet Village, Button Bridge and Button Oak. Kinlet is located 18 miles (29 km) south of Telford, the main town in Shropshire and 23 miles (37 km) west of Birmingham.
There is a bus service through the village, operated by Central Buses. The number 125 bus service operates Mondays to Saturdays, from Bridgnorth to Stourbridge.
St John the Baptist, Kinlet, is a traditional village church with a growing congregation and steadily improving music. All services are taken from the Book of Common Prayer (1662). It is a notable building, distinguished by the fine monuments to the Blount family.
I think he is just the person to be in Parliament, but I think feelingly of Mrs. W. whose little family comfort will be sadly broken into by it in my opinion, her flock being too numerous either to take or leave with much comfort.3
There is also an independent, residential school to the north-west of the village, based in Kinlet Hall. Moffats School is for children aged between 4 and 13 years old and has been based in Kinlet Hall since the end of the Second World War. Older pupils travel to the Lacon Childe School in Cleobury Mortimer. 
Childe cares [not] a penny whether he is made a tool of Mr. F.’s peerage. He became his tool for any political purpose when he accepted the seat. The name of Childe is very odious in all that neighbourhood.5
Kinlet is a scattered rural parish in Shropshire, England which includes part of the Wyre Forest, with its nearest towns being Bewdley, Bridgnorth and Cleobury Mortimer.
Button Bridge is a residential area, whilst Button Oak with varied types of properties is mainly set on either side of the B.4194 road. Facilities include a church and public house.
The Parish Council, which comprises 9 councillors, meets monthly on the second Monday of each month in the Parish Hall – all meetings commence at 7.30 p.m. with 15 minutes Parishioners participation time when any parishioner is welcome to come along and discuss any matter of concern or interest with councillors.
Its three main hamlets are Kinlet Village, Button Bridge and Button Oak and properties vary from farms to large country houses to smaller houses and cottages, together with a small amount of affordable housing and old people’s bungalows. On the edge of the parish is a residential home park.
Childe was granted a month’s leave on urgent private business, 27 June 1820, and again, 9 Apr. 1821. Rumours of an irregularity in the Wenlock poll had perturbed him,4 but when Weld Forester cited his success in returning both Wenlock Members to boost his (unsuccessful) application for that barony, his rival for the title, Sir Robert Lawley, wrote:
This QR Code contains a simplified web address for your church entry. Print it onto envelopes, newsletter, promotions etc. to enable visitors with mobile devices e.g. smartphones to get to your A Church Near You page without having to remember and type the full URL
The Census of 1831 showed that the majority of people were employed in the agriculture sector, surveying males aged over 20. Agricultural labourers were the most common occupation with 90, followed by retail and handicrafts with 16. Little had changed by the census of 1881 with 102 males and one female employed in agriculture. Females were also surveyed, with 74 classified as having an unknown occupation.
This short URL can be used as a quick link to this page on smartphones, email and Twitter etc.
There are two public houses in the parish, The Eagle and Serpent in village of Kinlet and the Button Oak Inn the village of Button Oak. There is also a village hall and a residential care home.
The reduction of rents that had been so generally made would of itself have given relief to the occupier, were it not for that great load of debt, which had been contracted in another currency. Notwithstanding the difficulties of their situation, he yet hoped for better times for the agriculturists. He looked forward to an equalization of the growth of produce, and of the consumption of the country, by which every Member, as well on private as on public grounds, would wish to see them receive.
The centre of the village is located at the meeting of the roads, B4363 and B4194. In the centre of the village there is a primary school. Kinlet C of E Primary school caters for children aged between 4 and 11 years old.
The Village School and Parish Hall are situated in Kinlet Village together with a residential home and a Public House. Kinlet Hall – which is now a school – is a Grade 1 listed building set in grounds of over 100 acres and was once the seat of the Blount family who came to England with William the Conqueror.
The village is located in the centre of the parish. Its parish has a population of 680 according to the 2001 Census, The land within the parish totals 8,164 acres (3,304 ha; 12.756 sq mi). increasing to 901 at the 2011 census. There is little in terms of employment in the parish, with residents travelling to nearby towns and cites.