There is a football club with adult and junior teams. The village cricket club, reformed in 1975 after a 10-year break, plays in the Lincolnshire League, the Grimsby Midweek League and the East Lindsey Sunday League. Matches were played on the village green until 2009 before moving to a new multi-purpose sports complex on the edge of the village in 2010.[citation needed]

The Coble Beck runs through the parish. If you are planning a visit:

Keelby is listed in the Domesday Book as "Chelebi" or "Chilebi".[2] A place name ending in "-by" generally indicates that the town or village was a primary Viking settlement.

Keelby is a village and civil parish in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England, on the A18, 6 miles (10 km) west from the seaport of Grimsby and 4 miles (6 km) east from the local Humberside Airport, with close access to the A180 to the north, and M180 to the west.

In the 2001 Census it had a population of 2,172, comprising 48.6% males, and 51.4% females. The population at the 2011 census (including Brocklesby) was 2,092.[1]

Keelby has a tennis court, bowling green, park, primary school, guest house and a war memorial, a Mace and a Spar store, and two public houses, the King's Head and the Nag's Head. Religious sites are the Church of England St Bartholomew's Church and a Methodist chapel.

This village and parish lies about 7 miles north-east of Caistor and 9 miles west of Grimsby. Riby parish lies to the south-east. The parish covers about 1,860 acres.

The route must contain the search term entered in this field to show up in the results.

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Keelby once had a village pond situated at the junction of Pelham Crescent and Mill Lane, however this was filled in during the 1950s.

You can leave this field blank to search all routes.

Keelby is within the catchment area of three secondary schools, Healing Comprehensive, Caistor Yarborough, and Caistor Grammar School.

If you wish to report a problem, or contribute information, then do use the following form to tell us about it.