|Deputy Manager & SENCO||Wee One's Day Nursery and Pre-school Ltd||Lingfield|
|Do you love working with children? At least 3 years childcare experience with a sound understanding of the EYFS. Can you think on your feet? more|
|Sun, 18 Aug 2019 15:35:20 GMT|
|Assistant Manager (3rd in charge) Day Nursery||Wee One's Day Nursery and Pre-school Ltd||Lingfield|
|At least 2 years childcare experience with a sound understanding of the EYFS. Do you love working with children? NVQ Level 3 in Childcare (Required). more|
|Sun, 18 Aug 2019 13:19:15 GMT|
What is it like in Lingfield?
This narrow terrace of Grade II* listed cottages is at the end of the narrow central street leading to the church though excluding the end-of-terrace Church Gate Cottage which is lower listed, dates to the Tudor period with a georgian (architecture) front including a deep wooden modillion eaves cornice, formerly in part an Inn.
Accessible taxis to/from this station to/from the nearest accessible station can be arranged through Southern Assisted Travel - 0800 1381016. For other taxi journeys, contact local taxi companies, details of which can be found at www.traintaxi.co.uk.
Lingfield has another thriving sport with cricket clubs also playing in the village.
Information on taxis from this station is available at www.traintaxi.co.uk
Marriott Rewards® Member RatesOur lowest rates when you book direct.
Request room extras when you book.
Information to plan your onward journey is available in a printable format here
Route planning around the station including maps and platforms
One secular building in Lingfield has the architectural accolade of a Grade I listing: Pollard Cottage/Pollard House, a pre Tudor period hall house which is timber-framed and part whitewashed. To the right is Kentish bracing; to the centre flying braces across centre first floor and forming the lower part of the roof coved eaves. Dragon posts and dragon beams, alongside irregular leaded windows add to the well-surviving display of medieval architecture.
On the creation of Surrey County Council in the late 19th century, the civil parish's responsibilities became somewhat lessened but its area was approximately the same as in the medieval period, 36.8 square kilometres (14.2 sq mi) and it was this size which led to the decision to make Lingfield a post town across an even larger area.
The library is housed in the Old Guest House of the College for Secular Chaplains built in 1431 which adjoins and is at Grade II*. This hall-house is all that remains of the original College. Architecturally this building has Grade II* status, so too does the nearby building Magnus Deo. Unusually for an English village, two other buildings are at Grade II* within the village centre, The Old House (pre-Tudor period) and The Garth (pre-Tudor period).
Lingfield is also home to one of the world's oldest cricket clubs, with the first recorded match being against London on 18 June 1739.
Old Town Hall and Old Town Cottage form one Grade II* listed building
Felcourt Farm is a large dairy farm, having in its area a small business park with 15 units, rented to businesses or available for rent.
Partially Step Free. Step free access to Ticket Office and platform 1 (to London). Steps via footbridge to platform 2 (to East Grinstead).
Nearby to the west of the A22 at Newchapel is the London England Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, known as the Mormon Temple.
The racecourse is featured in the 1954 film The Rainbow Jacket.
Lingfield Railway Station adjoins the course, served by trains from London to East Grinstead via Oxted.
The area around the church has been designated a conservation area as it has many early preserved buildings from the 16th to 18th centuries. In the main street, there is a cross and village cage. Unusually highly listed buildings merit mention below.
Lingfield Civil Parish run annual events, meetings and village hall facilities offered by the third-tier local council.
Lingfield Park Racecourse (commonly referred to as Lingfield) is a horse racing course at Lingfield in Surrey, United Kingdom. It is owned by the ARC Racing and Leisure Group, formerly Arena Leisure Plc.
Bus services cover destinations such as Caterham, Oxted, Redhill, Crawley, Edenbridge, Dormansland and East Grinstead and are Southdown, Cruisers and Metrobus operations.
Felcourt's large Manor House and parkland was the head office of Rentokil Initial from 1949 until 2006; converted to apartments and a small business park.
The southern part of the parish is in the old iron district. A forge and a furnace 'about Copthorne and Lingfield' were owned by Lady Gage in 1574, and Clarke's pond and Cook's pond may have been heads for water power to work hammers. Henry Malden wrote in 1911 that Lingfield is mostly:
The village lay within the Anglo-Saxon administrative division of Tandridge hundred.
The cage, last used in 1882 to hold a poacher, was built in 1773.
Elevations range between 76m AOD in Lingfield Park Golf Course adjoining Lingfield Park and Felcourt to 46.5m AOD along the northern border, the Eden Brook from Moat Farm to the railway line.
The average level of accommodation in the region composed of detached houses was 28%, the average that was apartments was 22.6%.
Media related to Lingfield, Surrey at Wikimedia Commons
Lingfield was not listed in the Domesday Book of 1086, but is shown on the map as Leangafeld, its spelling in 871AD.
Trains run most notably from Lingfield railway station to London Victoria station and London Bridge station.
Lingfield has a Non-League football club, Lingfield F.C., who play at The Sports Pavilion.
In what was the parish until 2000 but is Dormansland civil parish 2 miles (3.2 km) east is the site of Starborough Castle, fortified by Lord Cobham (a medieval peerage) in 1341. Little now remains except parts of its walls, Grade II* listed and the moat, which is stone revetted, waterfilled and in good condition.
...agricultural, but since the opening of the railway station on the ...line from Croydon to East Grinstead in 1884, the laying out of the Dormansland estate with the opening of a station there, and the making of the Lingfield Park racecourse, where another railway station has been opened, the village has become a small town and building has been carried out at Plaistow Street and elsewhere.
Lingfield Park Resort is showing Read more →
Refurbishment, finished in Spring 2013, of the Bluebell Railway made that steam tourist service accessible directly by car or modern train. East Grinstead railway station is a modern terminus of this formerly through-line to Lewes and beyond: the town of East Grinstead is just two stations south.
Category:6· Points Needed Per Night
Lingfield is home to the national charity Young Epilepsy (formerly named NCYPE/St. Piers/Lingfield Hospital School/Lingfield Epileptic Colony), which provides residential care and education for students with epilepsy and learning difficulties.
Lingfield is best known as a winter all-weather flat-racing course; the track is Polytrack, rather than the usual turf found in the UK. There are only four other all-weather courses in the UK, the others being at Southwell, Kempton, Wolverhampton and Chelmsford City (formerly Great Leighs Racecourse). Lingfield stages flat racing on turf in the summer and National Hunt races are also run on turf.
The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul was rebuilt in 1431, although the original 14th-century tower remains. Its collection of brasses and monuments are amongst the finest in England, including the impressive tomb of Reginald de Cobham, 1st Baron Cobham. There had been a church on the site for some centuries before the 14th-century building. Listed at Grade I, the highest category of architectural listing, the church is among a low percentage to have this status in the country.