Panionios G.S.S. FC (Greek: ΠΑΕ Πανιώνιος Γ.Σ.Σ.), or with its full name Panionios Gymnastikos Syllogos Smyrnis (Greek: Πανιώνιος Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Σμύρνης, Pan-Ionian Gymnastics Club of Smyrna) is a Greek association football club based in Nea Smyrni suburb of Athens, part of Panionios G.S.S. multi-sport club. Founded in 1890 in Smyrna (current day İzmir) as Orpheus Smyrni, it is the oldest and one of the most historic Greek teams.

Panionios' colours are blue, red and white, mainly used as trim or as an alternative. The first emblem of Panionios in Smyrna was a figure of Nike. On the appearances of the team there was a characteristic diagonial strip, which can be seen today in the crest of the team.

Panionios has spent nearly its entire history in the Greek First Division (now called 'Superleague'), having missed out from competing in Greek football's top division only twice in its more than 100-year history[citation needed] . Within this, Panionios rose quite often to high levels, with top achievement in terms of the league being the 2nd position that the club reached in 1971, losing the title to AEK Athens.

Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.

In the wake of the Greco-Turkish War (1919–22) and the population exchange between Greece and Turkey, Panionios was transferred to Athens. They have won two Greek Cups (in 1979 and 1998), while they were runners-up in the Greek Championship during the 1950–51 and 1970–71 seasons. They have won also the 1971 Balkans Cup and reached the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1998–99 season.

The team currently competes in the Super League Greece. They play their home games in Nea Smyrni Stadium with a capacity of 11.700 seats.

© 2015 Football Highlights - All video rights reserved to original owners of videos and audiovisual content that make public

With the gradual transformation of men's football and basketball into professional sports, Panionios FC and Panionios BC became privately owned clubs operating under the auspices of the traditional "amateur sports" Panionios GSS. To date, Panionios remains the only sports club in Greece that was awarded the Golden Cross from the Athens Academy as a recognition of the club's rich and continuous enrichment of Greek sports.[2]

Under the Tsakiris presidency, the club built its own training facility just outside Athens in the region of Koropi. The training ground is operating since 2008 but was fully completed in 2009.