• Heaviest home defeat1-3: Manchester City v FC Bayern München02/10/13, UEFA Champions League group stage0-2: Manchester City v FC Barcelona18/02/14, UEFA Champions League round of 16 first leg
• Biggest away win 0-5: FC Steaua Bucureşti v Manchester City16/08/16, UEFA Champions League play-offs, first leg
UEFA Cup/UEFA Europa League• Biggest home win5-0: Manchester City v The New Saints FC (see above)
Domestic honours (most recent triumph in brackets)League title: 4 (2014)FA Cup: 5 (2011)League Cup: 3 (2014)
RecordsUEFA club competition• Biggest home win 5-0: Manchester City v The New Saints FC 14/08/03, UEFA Cup qualifying round first leg5-0: Manchester City v K. Lierse SK26/11/69, European Cup Winners' Cup second round second leg
• Heaviest home defeat0-1: Manchester City v FC Midtjylland 14/08/08, second qualifying round first leg
• Biggest away win0-2 on four occasions, most recently v FC Salzburg16/09/10, group stage
After failing to win for the first time this season, the Catalan warned his players that they must start better and cut out basic errors
Join the European football family today! Get involved with games, competitions and much more.
• Biggest away win0-3: twice, most recently FC Viktoria Plzeň v Manchester City (see above for details)
What Johnson said after leaving City for Sunderland: “When City come in for you, it is hard to say no. I was in that situation a couple of years ago. I would probably advise young English players you probably won’t get the chance to play as much as you would like.”
• Heaviest away defeat3-1 on four occasions, most recently v KKS Lech Poznań 04/11/10, group stage2-0 on four occasions, most recently v FC Dynamo Kyiv10/03/11, round of 16 first leg
• Heaviest away defeat3-1: AFC Ajax v Manchester City (see above for details)2-0: FC Bayern München v Manchester City (see above for details)
“I don’t want to analyse all the players that have been here, but Jack Rodwell and Micah Richards, for example, missed important parts of the season because of injury. If you want to be a winning team and a club that improves every year, you must try always to bring in the best players."
Ten-year European record (UEFA Champions League unless indicated otherwise)2015/16: semi-finals2014/15: round of 162013/14: round of 162012/13: group stage 2011/12: UEFA Europa League round of 16 (having transferred from UEFA Champions League group stage)2010/11: UEFA Europa League round of 162009/10: did not take part in UEFA club competition2008/09: UEFA Cup quarter-finals2007/08: did not take part in UEFA club competition2006/07: did not take part in UEFA club competition
Pair who go head to head as managers next weekend were room-mates at Barcelona 20 years ago and the Spaniard would pick the defender's brains
What Barry had to say on Manchester City’s potential move for Ross Barkley in April: “I think Ross is too young to make that move,” the 34-year-old said. “Everton is better for his development. He’s still learning the game. He’s got the right manager here to push him to the next level. As soon as he reaches that next level, then there’s another decision to be made.”
What Lescott said on his opportunities at City: “I need to be given a fair opportunity. I know no one can guarantee me playing every week but I would like to think that given a fair opportunity to play, if I am playing in the team I can do well enough to stay in the team. I just want to be treated like everyone else. If I am in the team and the team is winning I stay in the team."
• Heaviest home defeat1-3: Manchester City v FC Bayern München (see above for details)0-2: Manchester City v FC Barcelona (see above for details)
The Catalan's side have won all of their 10 opening fixtures
A look ahead to the Premier League fixture at the Liberty Stadium
UEFA Champions League (group stage to final)• Biggest home win4-0: Manchester City v VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach14/09/16, group stage
De Bruyne limped out of City's 3-1 win over Swansea last weekend
Sterling is now on the verge of becoming the next Englishman to make the move to the Etihad Stadium as the club looks to invest in home-grown talent to fulfill Football Association quotas.
Speaking earlier this year, he said: "We know what we have to do. But all the English teams need English players, and they all want the best ones. So there is big competition with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool just for English players. It’s not easy when English players come to a big club to have a position for sure in the starting team.
• Heaviest away defeat3-1 on five occasions, most recently v AFC Ajax24/10/12, UEFA Champions League group stage2-0 on five occasions, most recently v FC Bayern München27/09/11, UEFA Champions League group stage
UEFA club competition honours (runners-up in brackets)• UEFA Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1970